Watch Final Candidate Forum On-Line Here

On Monday evening Greenwell Springs Baptist Church held a "Faith Based" forum for all of the candidates in this coming Saturday's election.  Tony Perkins was the moderator and each candidate for Chief of Police and City Council was given time for a brief opening remark.  Then the Mayoral candidates made opening remarks and then had several questions directed to them by Mr. Perkins.

Microphones were then opened up for questions from the audience, followed by a few more questions from Mr. Perkins.  Finally, each of the 14 candidates were allowed time for closing remarks.  The video from this event is presented below, broken up into "watchable" segments.  The entire process lasted about 2 hours.

A few notes about watching videos: Once you click the play button allow a few moments for the video to download.  Once the download has progressed across the bottom bar you can click the "pause/play" button twice to begin viewing while the remainder of the file downloads.  Depending on the speed of your internet connection the "play" could catch up to the download and get jerky.  If so, just let the rest of the video download before resuming play.

Welcome and Opening Remarks:

Zi6 0893 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Tony Perkins sets rules, followed by Mr. Welborn's opening statement:

Zi6 0894 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Garner

Zi6 0895 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Browning

Zi6 0896 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Moak

Zi6 0897 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Washington

Zi6 0898 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Messina

Zi6 0899 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mrs. Lansing

Zi6 0900 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Lobue

Zi6 0901 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Mannino

Zi6 0902 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Ross

Zi6 0903 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. DeJohn

Zi6 0904 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Hinton

Zi6 0905 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Watts

Zi6 0906 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Mr. Shelton

Zi6 0907 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Tony Perkins questions the Mayoral candidates

Zi6 0908 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Audience questions for the Mayoral candidates (Next 5 videos)

Zi6 0909 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Zi6 0910 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Zi6 0911 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Zi6 0912 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Zi6 0913 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Tony Perkins questions the Mayoral candidates

Zi6 0914 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Closing remarks by Council and Chief of Police candidates

Zi6 0915 from central speaks on Vimeo.

Closing remarks by Mayoral candidates

Zi6 0916 from central speaks on Vimeo.

1. Donna

March 24, 2010 at 8:06 am

Awesome job with keeping everyone in involved. No one can use the excuse that they don’t know who to vote for because they don’t what the candidates stand for. Between this web site & CCN is is clear, especially this website. Here they really get it from the “horses mouth”.

2. Donna

March 24, 2010 at 8:07 am

OOHPS, that should’ve been informed instead of involved.

3. Abbey

March 25, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Did I “miss hear” or did the Mayor not say at Monday night’s GSBC forum that he saw nothing wrong with another daiquiri shop in Central, specifically the one that has been proposed for the strip mall on Wax Rd. across from Walmart. This is the same mayor who formed the “Mayor’s Youth Council” and who invited the families of Central to bring their children to meet and have their picture taken with the Mayor this past weekend. We already have alcohol abuse problems among our young people including those in Central. I ask where is our Mayor as a role model for Central’s young people?

P.S. Mr. Shelton had stated prior to the above comment by the Mayor that he felt that Central had enough bars. Could this be our young people’s role model?

4. dave

March 25, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Abbey, I believe I can answer your question. I do not post very much so that I can maintain an independent presentation of the candidates. In this case, I am intimately familiar with the videos above since I recorded, compiled, uploaded and published them, and can answer your question as to whether you mis-heard or not. The actual quotes from the video above labeled Zi6 0910 in about mintues 5 through 8 are:

Mr. Shelton: “I don’t think we need any more bars in Central.”

Mr. Watts: “I agree with Junior.” “Some people do go to a daquiri shop and I guess that’s fine. I don’t knock that as long as it’s done in the right manner and controlled in the right way.”

I hope that answers your question, and I do believe it again points out the quality of both candidates in this Mayoral election.

5. Kyle

March 25, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Thanks, Dave for clarifying that for Abbey and everyone else. Did I also hear what I thought I heard on the video? Mr. Shelton confessed to marital infidelity and cheating on his family? Wow! I seem to remember a preacher man in Baton Rouge who did that back in the 80’s, and his whole empire crumbled around him. I sure don’t want that in Central!

6. ward

March 26, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Parents are role model for there kids!
    Instead of telling your kids how to live…You live and let them watch you do it.

7. ward

March 26, 2010 at 11:24 pm

opps. should proof read….their not there. Hope Mrs. Keopp is not reading. If so, I got the peg. anybody know what I’m talking about?(just gave away my age)