Sports

Wildcat Baseball Fundraiser August 20th

Our baseball facilities are in great need of repair and renovation.  We greatly appreciate your support in order to take on this project.  On Friday, August 20th, jambalaya lunches will be available at the Central High baseball field from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for anyone who places an order by August 16th.  Lunches are $6 per plate, and delivery is being offered to your business.  If you would like to place a lunch order for your business and support the CHS baseball teams, please send an email to JeffWise1@bellsouth.net.  Include your company name and address along with the names of the people ordering lunches.  Lunches include jambalaya, salad, a roll, and dessert.

The players are also looking for community members who would like to volunteer to help deliver lunches on the 20th.  If you would like to help deliver, please email ejmyer@cox.net.  The teams are trying to sell 1,000 lunches to help fix up The Yard, so please consider helping any way that you are able.

1. ward

August 11, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I would agree, the facilities are in horrible condition. I would be totally embarrassed when opposing teams come here. The facilities is a direct reflection of the program and should be maintained year-round. I think it will take more money to get it to a satisfactory condition than what this fundraiser can generate. I will gladly support your cause.

2. THE PHANTOM

August 11, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Maybe the council can vote on allocating money for this cause. I would rather see these kids get my tax money for something that benefits the community. Rather than giving it to Wade Giles or how about cutting another 40,000 dollar check for Sherri Morris. By the way someone remind me what she did besides helping CH2 get more money out of central.

3. Ray

August 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Nice facilities may not produce great players, but they may reveal a sense of support and dedication from the school and community, to the players and the game. Ward, I agree it will probably take more money that a fundraising luncheon can produce, so I challenge anyone reading this post to meet or beat my pledge of $100 dollars to the program. I am not now or ever have been involved in CHS baseball, but understand how important it is to young men who play the game. Phantom you should want to pledge $200 dollars to the baseball program as a penance for taking shots at people by using their first and last names and using an alias for yourself. Maybe the players will show their appreciation for your donation by giving you a pair of baseballs.

4. PHANTOM

August 12, 2010 at 12:24 am

Well Ray

For your information I plan on supporting this cause fully and I encourage these kids to continue to work at improving all there deteriating facilities. I only used these names because I don’t agree with the money that they have recieved for services they have performed. It’s a shame to see these kids have to work hard to improve their facilities when there is enough money in our governement to make these types of repairs. Maybe we could ask CH2 to make a pledge with all the money they have been paid from Central residents. I watched one of your former Baseball Coaches at Baker High School get the city on board to provide labor to brick the dugouts, make field repairs, and many other services. Only problem is we don’t have city services that our mayor could summons to help these hard working kids. By the way how do you know that my name isn’t PHANTOM and yours is really Ray. Neither of us have listed our last names.

5. Ray

August 12, 2010 at 1:23 am

Phantom the CH2 pledge is a great idea. As for my last name, I’d rather be anonymous on this site because of the donation. My wife might not be pleased! I emailed Jeff Wise for some information to get a check to him earlier this evening. If you donate $200 dollars to the baseball team, he has permission to release my last name to you. LOL. By the way, what kind of Mom names their baby Phantom.

6. Kyle

August 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Phantom: The baseball field belongs to the school board, not the city. The city has nothing to do with the school system.