Thursday’s Planning & Zoning Agenda

CITY OF CENTRAL

MEETING OF THE PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSIONS

Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:00 P.M.

Kristenwood Building

14025 Greenwell Springs Road

Greenwell Springs (Central), Louisiana 70739

www.centralgov.com

AGENDA

CITY OF CENTRAL PLANNING COMMISSION

Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:00pm

14025 Greenwell Springs Road

Central, LA 70739

1. Call to Order

2. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance

3. Roll Call

4. Recitation of Rules

5. Approval of Minutes (July 22, 2010 Planning Meeting)

6. Amendments and Consent Agenda

PUBLIC HEARING CASES (NEW BUSINESS):

7. SP-01-10 Site Plan This property is located on the north side of Hooper Road between Sullivan and Joor Road across from Shoe Creek Drive on Tract A-3 formerly of the Jasper A. Jines property. The applicant is proposing the expansion of an existing mini storage facility. The existing facility consists of 27,385 square feet with the expansion of 32,155 square feet for a total of 59,540 square feet. (Applicant: Wayne Leader)

PUBLIC HEARING CASES (OLD BUSINESS):

None

8. Announcements

9. Adjourn

The item(s) on this Agenda will be heard by the Central City Council on September 14, 2010 at this same time and location, unless the item(s) is deferred by the Commission.

AGENDA

CITY OF CENTRAL ZONING COMMISSION

Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:00pm

14025 Greenwell Springs Road

Central, LA 70739

1. Call to Order

2. Roll Call

3. Recitation of Rules

4. Approval of Minutes (July 22, 2010 Zoning Meeting)

5. Amendments and Consent Agenda

PUBLIC HEARING CASES (NEW BUSINESS):

None

PUBLIC HEARING CASES (OLD BUSINESS):

6. SPUD-01-09 Small Planned Unit Development Revision This property is located on Lot 4-B-2-A, being on the west end of Wax Road Extension near the Sullivan Road intersection in Section 68, T-6-S, R-2-E, GLD, EBR, LA. The applicant is proposing the second phase of a Small Planned Unit Development consisting of office, commercial retail uses, and townhomes. (Applicant: Jeff Couvillion)

7. Announcements

8. Adjourn

Planning & Zoning Agenda 8/26/2010

1. Butch A

August 22, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Please stop letting your friend Couvillion build townhomes! They will become apartments, like central woods. we already have tons of houses for sale in the $120k to $150k range that are great starter homes. We are a middle class community for now, but you want to exploit us until we become baton rouge!

August 22, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Butch A

I need a conversation 262-3730 or an e-mail exchange dave@centralspeaks.com with you if you would like to post on this site. I have made a judgment call on crossing the line, and I will gladly restore your posts if I can receive assurance that you are not responsible for at least one of them. I am not beyond having erred in my understanding, but need to clarify that first. I await your response to me.

August 22, 2010 at 3:37 pm

As an explanation to the readers of CentralSpeaks.com, it seems that Butch A is also, Sugar, Youre wrong, Manny. Frank, Mace, Not mace but, mace wandu, sammy, unbelievable, and Jason L. Most or all posts were made with fictitious e-mail addresses. In addition, at least one of them involved a comment that all of you would, no doubt, define as racist. Most of this person’s other posts were divisive and accusatory, which I would have allowed as opinion, but for the racial slur. While my belief that these are all the same person is well-founded, it is always at least possible that I have misunderstood the issue, but I don’t think so. If any one of these aliases would contact me and set the record straight I will gladly apologize and approve the majority of the posts he/she made. I am thinking this won’t happen. – Dave

2. mike mannino

August 23, 2010 at 7:21 am

Thanks Dave,
    Downsided of allowing to post under an assumed name. If you have courage of your convictions, you shouldnt have a problem using your name.

3. Wade Evans