PDF

Today’s Newspaper PDF Online

As a service to our readers and our advertisers, the CentralSpeaks.com newspaper in its entirety, formatted exactly as the printed newspaper looks, will now be available online each week.  Follow this link:   02/17/11 PDF  to access the PDF.  This will not change our daily posting of news as it happens, it is simply one more way for you to see the news.

1. kyle

February 17, 2011 at 9:46 am

Dave:

Another GREAT paper this week. Full of LOCAL stories from around Central and none of the “national political garbage” that can be found in another local publication. Thank you for all of the great stories and articles about events around our city. Your paper is a blessing to Central.

February 18, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Wow Kyle. You dont think national politics affects us? Small world you live in but it aint so !!!!

3. bebe

February 18, 2011 at 9:53 pm

you are just ‘ate up’, aren’t ya Kyle!!…lol.

February 18, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Bebe, is it so bad that someone likes what we publish? I can accept that you may not, but give me a break!

4. Kyle

February 19, 2011 at 9:11 am

Sure, national politics affect us, but leave that to Newsweek, USA Today, TIME, and the other publications. Let Central be about Central.

5. Dee

February 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Hey Dave,
    Don’t you know by now that you can’t win with some people. They are going to whine and complain about what you write about, what you don’t write about, what you should write about, what you shouldn’t write about, what some are doing and others are not doing. Somedays the grass is blue and the sky is green in their world because some just have a need to disagree about something or anything!!!
    I personally think you are doing a great job! Keep it up.

February 20, 2011 at 1:17 am

Dee,
    Not one disparaging remark about Dave or this paper on these posts. “Kyle” made a ridiculous comment that was meant to put down on another paper and not to give acolades to CS. Some of you on here have such an intense hatred for CCN that you find anyway you can to bring CCN into anything negative. Give it a rest !! We all know your bias.

February 20, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Folks as an example of how close national politics hits home, the Department Of Education sends money to the states who in turn, send it to the local systems. Right now, LA is about to get hit hard by this with deficet reduction efforts in the US congress. Bodi gave and excellent rundown on how this is going to affect us when he spoke at the CCA meeting. And thats just one example. So like it or not, national politics is news for all of us.

8. Dee

February 20, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I did not say one disparaging word about Woody nor CCN in my comments, didn’t even mention them actually. Nor did I agree or disagree with “Kyle”. I was complimenting Dave on a job well done, and trying to make light of the whiners and complainers. You do not know me or else you would know that I have NO hatred towards anyone, intense or otherwise, nor do you know if I have a bias.

Why don’t you give it a rest! You really don’t need to “read” Woody’s name or paper into every comment posted on here and jump in to defend him! You might be surprised how little people actually think of Woody!

February 20, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Well Dee disagree with you on a couple of points.

First you were agreeing with Kyle and his post is directly attacking CCN.

Second, I think YOU may be surprised at how MUCH people do think of Woody.

As far as the papers, I read both, think Dave has done a very good job of improving CS, and you dont see me complain about either constantly like some of you do about CCN. Its almost like an obsession with some of you. Those are the people that need to give it a rest.

10. Dee

February 20, 2011 at 10:16 pm

First, your presumptuousness is unbelievable! Please don’t begin to tell me what I believe or what I agree with! As stated before “YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME”!

Second, “You might be surprised how little people actually think of Woody!” MEANS that Woody does not occupy my thoughts, I do not think about him nor his newspaper on a regular basis! But then, that meaning doesn’t give you anything to complain or whine about. That seems to be your obsession! My life has much, much better things in it to think about and obsess over.

I actually read both papers, too, and if I disagree with either one of them it is only when the whole story is not told or is written to make someone in our community look bad, or a correction is not written when an error may have been made. But to my recollection I don’t believe that I have complained on this site about either paper.

And Mike, now I’m finished responding to YOUR ridiculous comments to me. You will have to continue your argument alone. Good Night!

Because I addressed my orginal comment directly to Dave and it is my personal belief (to which I am entitled), I will state as before,
    “Dave, I personally think you are doing a great job! Keep it up.”

February 20, 2011 at 11:17 pm

All I can say Dee is that at least I believe in what I say enough to use my real name. More than I can say for most of you.

February 20, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I am suggesting a truce Dee and Mike.

12. Dee

February 20, 2011 at 11:27 pm

As stated above… I’m finished.

February 21, 2011 at 7:30 am

Truce with who ? LOL. Good job Dave, I can say you are doing a good job without having to put somebody else down.

February 21, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Mike, coming from a guy who adamantly protects the identity of NCCC, that is quite humorous.