Central’s Image Tarnished- Just the Facts

By Dave Freneaux (For an Editorial Opinion on this issue, see "Who Will Stand Up for Central?" under the Editorials tab of this website.)

In a press release from the Louisiana Press Association reporting on the “Freedom of Information” Award given to the Central City News last Saturday, false and unsupportable claims have been made about the City of Central and this newspaper, CentralSpeaks.com.  These untruths were distributed through the Associated Press and have made it to the pages of one of the nation’s largest newspapers, USA Today.  However, those who read the article will likely never know that their impressions of the City of Central have been tainted by misinformation.  The press release is also featured on the blog site of Baton Rouge resident Woody Jenkins who currently prints a tabloid called the Central City News and places copies in retail locations in Central twice each month.

The Louisiana Press Association, an association which limits full membership to newspapers which have been in print several years in Louisiana, issued the press release in question when it announced that the Central City News was chosen to receive its “Freedom of Information” award.  The press release explains the reasons the award was given to the Central City News.  The problem is, many of the claims made in the press release are simply not true, and are damaging to the reputation of the City of Central and to this newspaper, CentralSpeaks.com.

The press release claims that Central “has, in essence, privatized its entire city government.” – FALSE

Fact: Central elects a Mayor, City Council Members and a Police Chief.  Central’s elected officials appoint citizens as board members on the Board of Adjustments and the Planning and Zoning Commission.   The Mayor and the City Council appoint citizens to committees to assist in formulating policy for the running of this city.  Every ordinance and resolution passed by Central’s City Council is done so in open meetings and then only after the input of the public.  Every administrative policy decision is made by Central’s duly elected Mayor.  The contractor hired to provide the manpower to carry out the policies and decisions of Central’s government is nowhere to be found in this process.  Central’s government is run by Central’s citizens and their elected representatives.

The press release claims that “Problems came to a head last spring, when the city sponsored a campaign ad for the mayor.” – FALSE

Fact: First, the City of Central simply did not sponsor a campaign ad for the Mayor.  Second, if the press release refers to the ad run in the Advocate by CH2M Hill, it was not a campaign ad for the Mayor.  The advertisement makes no mention of Central’s Mayor, the content of the ad promoted CH2M Hill as a company, and on page four explained permit fees, which are not set by the Mayor.  Further, a judge has ruled that the ad “was placed by CH2M Hill to promote their company and the services that it provides.”

The press release claims “The newspaper sued, but a district judge sided with the city.” – FALSE

Fact: The “City” was not even a party to the lawsuit.  The judge sided with CH2M Hill and against the Central City News.

The press release states “…the mayor and his allies have started a competing newspaper…” – FALSE

Fact: CentralSpeaks.com is owned and managed SOLELY by members of the Freneaux family, residents of Central.  Every policy and editorial decision is made by Dave Freneaux, the Editor, or by the publisher, his daughter, Beth Fussell.  The Mayor of Central has never had any ownership in, nor given any financial support to, CentralSpeaks.com, nor in fact has anyone else other than this family.  When reached for comment, I stated: “I challenge anyone to offer any evidence that anyone other than this family supports or controls any aspect of CentralSpeaks.com.”

May 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

One heck of a conspiracy they have going there Dave. ( he says toungue in cheek). Do you really expect people to believe that an organization such as the LA press organization, ( which I consider quite liberal BTW), would “Tarnish” their image by taking a stance they couldnt defend ? Give me a break. Its time to admit we have some cleaning up to do so all this stops. I’m seeing signs of that but you rants this week only set us back.

May 5, 2011 at 10:10 am

No conspiracy Mike, just facts. I believe the LA Press Association relied on the information they were given. No malice there, just relied on misinformation. Yes, we have some cleaning up to do, and it can start by everyone just telling the truth.

2. Melanie Gardner

May 5, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Thanks Dave for giving us a newspaper every week that contains facts and news about events in this city. My family enjoys reading it every week and learning the truth about city matters. Keep up the good work

3. Pablo Bandito

May 5, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I personally believe that Woody Jenkins is a troll* and derives joy from watching the chaos he and his followers (read sheep) cause with his lack of fact based reporting and obvious tomfoolery. It seems that a Baton Rouge resident would have better things to do than place interest in a city in which he cannot even vote.

*Troll- one whose actions are solely intended to inflame and bring about maximum disruption of a topic.

May 5, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Hey Pablo, you need to get back across the border. Pancho Villa is looking for you and he aint happy.

5. AJ MIchelle

May 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I am heavily involved on both sides of this issue and I am so thankful that I no longer live in the Central area. Until recently I had plans to move back to my home and closer to my parents, butweek after week its the same soap opera in Central. The great thing about the first ammendment is that it allows this platform to debate either side so take advantage of that and cover what ever things you want to cover, but allow for the educated people of Central to figure out who is write and wrong. I think the Central Speaks is a great publication and I enjoy reading it, but I also enjoy Woody’s paper. I think it was a great honor to have a Central paper recognized for such an amazing award. As a journalist you should want the positive images to help push a rewarding message about newspapers. Community newspapers are more viable then ever, and you bad mouthing another competing newspaer does nothing for either of you. I recommend just covering the facts and let others form their our optinions and then you can be up such great awards…

6. Ted

May 5, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Thank you Mike for your racist comment about Pablo. You actually look like you belong on the other side of the border yourself. I would like to thank you for asking NCCC for restraint when commenting about Dave’s article’s but yet you somehow seem to be their spokes person by commenting yourself. You said on NCCC, not to start a debate, because it was being handled another way. I really hope it is a legal action because I am tired of hearing your rants. Dave listed a clear case of false information and yet you defend CCN with no facts, except the LA press org would not have printed it unless it was true. Do you really believe that the LA press org sent out an investigator to look into Woody’s article? Then did not, they just accepted it on his name. At best and listen clearly Mike, AT BEST, Woody printed half truths. You remember that because you blasted Dave about it, why not blast Woody?

7. AJ MIchelle

May 5, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I already mentioned I enjoy reading your paper, but I noticed you mentioned the Lousiana Press Association and their membership.As a former journalist I am very familiar with the association as well as other states press associaition and Louisiana’s association is very lient in the members they allow, and one of the toughest requiremtns they have is to be a published newspaper for 2 years… How long has CentralSpeaks been around?

May 5, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Just over a year in print, three online. One of the first things we did was to inquire about membership. Decided to revisit after we qualified in two years.

8. Ted

May 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I am gonna go on the record and say Mike Mannino is working closely with the admin of NCCC. Dave I remember reading awhile back when you asked Mike a question about some of Mike’s past comment’s and asked him why he supported a faceless Facebook poster. Naturally looking back, you did not get an answer from Mike on that issue. Well I think after reading tons of past materials ( articles and posts ) it is clear to me that Mike knows who NCCC is and is working closely with that person. I would almost go as far to say that Mike has admin access to NCCC to try and through off people. And this is Just Ted’s Fact’s.

9. Pablo Bandito

May 5, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Wow Mike. Is that a touch of racial insensitivity you have bleeding all over the page? You may want to choose your words more wisely least you be labeled a racist.

10. Pablo Bandito

May 5, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I find it funny Mike that you would choose this topic to use clearly racially charged speech and thereby “tarnish” your own public face and present the idea that Central is populated by ignorant racists. Be mindful that your actions not only affect your public image but also reflect on your community as well.

May 5, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Tabloid?

“It’s difficult to fit everything a community of 30,000 people wants and needs to know into 16 tabloid pages a week.” – Central City News – November 11, 2010 – Page 2

May 5, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Boy oh Boy. The amusement on here never ends. Ted you may watch what you say as you are a classic example of what you accuse others of. I clearly stated on the Non issue that if someone confides in me, that information stays with me. So if I knew, I just wont say and I would give you that same courtesy. Its called loyalty and integrity. That is more important to me than someone like you who doesnt even know me, to make the comments you do. As I have clearly explained on this page, and many others are coming out and posting the same, Woody prints all the information on a topic and let the reader decide what they want. Whay do you choose to single me out when 3 others have posted almost verbatum what I just said ? Not that I cant take it, I satnd by any comments I make, even the joke that is probably not half as bad as some racial jokes I’m sure you have told. If you and ole Pablo think my little joke tarnish Central, you are just finding an excuse to lash out at me. Its OK be my guest. If you are tired of my rants, quit reading them, I sure wouldnt want you to stroke out because of me. I’ll start printing a warning so I cant be blamed.

May 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Ted the more I thought about your accusations, the more concerned I became.

You dont know me, never met me, have no idea who my friends or how I grew up. My dad owned a grocery store in the middle of Baton Rouge from 1956 until 1973. I spent all my spare time there. I had more black friends than white, to me it was normal because my dad always taught me to judge people by their character, nothing else. I still believe that today. I have a very diverse group of friends, probably more than most because we have a diverse group where I work. For you to make such an accusation is totally un-called for. It is the mark of someone that cannot debate facts so they start throwing out insults, cursing, or changing the subject to something they are familiar with. I dont know you but from the way you act on here, you are a nasty person and really need to reflect on what is driving such a nasty personality.

13. Ted

May 5, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Mike, I believe Pablo also called you out for the racist comment you made about him. You are correct, I don’t know you but you certainly make a bad impression as far as I can see. Don’t get upset with me just because YOU made a comment that was offensive. It sounds like you owe Pablo the apology or explanation, not me. Since when do you exactly have to be personally introduced too someone before you start calling out their BS. I think your comment about having more black friends then white, is a classic comeback when a white person get’s called a racist(lol). In this case, you insulted someone named Pablo and mentioned something about Pancho Villa and crossing the border so I think you were referring to Mexican’s. So maybe you meant to say you had more mexican friend’s then white one’s. Hey just like you told me if I did not like what you said, don’t read it so take your own advice. Also still waiting for you to give some reason why you disagree with what Dave printed. It seems the Advocate was right of par with Dave. I guess the Advocate can sniff out the truth’s and half truth’s. Please, please Mike encourage someone into legal action so I can hear more excuse’s from you once a decision is rendered.
    Hey Pablo, I would personally like to apologize to you for Mike’s racist comments toward’s you. You are always welcome in Central.

May 5, 2011 at 8:02 pm

GIVE ME A BREAK TED> You are either very dense or just acting that way. I have nothing to apologize for since obviously Pablo is another alter ego of someone and not a real person. Anyone that knows me knows that there is not a racist bone in my body and thats all that matters. BTW. Old saying, you only see in others what you see in yourself.

May 5, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Guys, please keep it civil.

15. Pablo Bandito

May 5, 2011 at 8:17 pm

It doesnt matter who you think I am Mike, your words were hurtful and inappropriate. You expect people to listen to you and respect your opinion and then make foolish insensitive remarks concerning someone’s race. You aren’t exactly making Central look good. If only you could see past the end of your ego to realize how bullheaded and irreverant you come across.

May 5, 2011 at 8:50 pm

OK Ted. You want to change the subject. What if our immaginary friend Pablo was here illegally ? Would you still welcome him ?

17. Ted

May 5, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Keep it civil? I have been waiting for Mike to keep it civil. He preaches one thing on Facebook and then comes on here and stir’s up trouble and then will not provide the answer’s to simple question’s. Mike is truely a case of the more he continue’s to prove himself right, the more he prove’s my opinion of him.

18. Ted

May 5, 2011 at 9:09 pm

No Mike I would call Border Pardon of Sheriff’s department. What does that have to do with making a racist comment?

May 5, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Forget it Ted. I dont know if you wake up like this or you just get angry as the day goes on. I have no desire to continue to try and reason with a person who obviously has more of a problem with me for whatever reason, than the real issues.

20. Bess

May 5, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Being half Latino I thought the comments by Mr Mannino were inappropriate at best. I know a similar comment was made on my friends facebook page last year and Facebook removed the comment and warned the person that made the comment. I never comment but I read the paper online everyday.

21. Pablo Bandito

May 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Mike seems to have a problem with those of us of Latin decent. It is pretty childish instead of admitting that you are wrong and apologizing for your crude remarks, you insist that I dont even exist! I cant imagine a grown man acting with such foolishness! That is the way a child argues Mike.
    Your defense is so absurd. “It’s ok for me to act like a child because you have probably done them same thing at some point in your life.” Sounds like solid ground to stand on to me eh Mike? You sir are ridiculous and it is people like you that hold Central back from being as great as it could be.

22. Pablo Bandito

May 5, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Also, the idea that just because you dont believe someone is who he says he is, it is ok to insult an entire people group, is socially immoral. You have some twisted ideas about how a grown man should act.

May 5, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Ok, please take the arguing off topic to private messaging. It is only going to end up personal. Please post here if we can get back to a debatable topic,
      I appreciate your assistance.

23. Pablo Bandito

May 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm

It became personal when Mike began making racist comments towards me. It has been personal since then.

May 5, 2011 at 10:38 pm

How about I offer to remove all the posts about racism or that started the issue, then you guys take it to private messages and hash it out. I’m not saying you have to, just an offer. Trying to keep the conversations on topic and productive. Y’all’s call.

May 5, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I’m not the one that has gotten ridiculous Dave. First youve got a bunch of clowns not using their real names because they would never want somone to know they are this wacky, posting on here stirring up things. Then they want to act like they are offended for what is obviously a joke, no worse than some others I have seen on these sites. Then another imaginary person pops up with some cockeyed story about facebook taking some made up post down. Next thing, this imaginary band or person as I suspect, is going to threaten to call the ACLU on me. Believe me, whoever you are, this is tame compared to national sites. In fact, probably tame compared to watching any talk news show. Gimmee a break. Go yank somebody elses chain, it aint working on me. And no Dave, leave em up. Just shows what kind of people we have out here or in some cases are not here but neighboring parishs with nothing exciting on their side the river. And I know you keep these up so I want it to be on record in its full content. What a hoot !!!

25. kyle

May 6, 2011 at 1:14 am

Thank you, Dave, for exposing the truth here.

26. Wade Evans

May 6, 2011 at 6:17 am

Dave, when I read the piece in the Advocate it reminded me of how little research must go into an article for them to print. I came to the same conclusion about the “article” and decided it must have been a press release because anyone familiar with this knows the story and it aint flying like that. Mike, please answer questions asked of you and stop going off topic. Can you prove any of yours or Woody’s accusations? YES OR NO? If you can’t then stop throwing them out and keep your biased, baseless allegations to your circle of conspiracy theorist. Also, did you ever live in Central Woods? YES OR NO will be fine.

May 6, 2011 at 7:18 am

OK Wade. What is your rant about ? What specific accussations are you referring to since I have only made inquiries not accussations and have clearly stated that on several forums. Went out of my way to say it wasnt accussing anyone. So what did you misread ? As you are also aware, I posted here that I did live in Central Woods 20+ years ago with a friend for about 3 months for whatever reason you want to know.( speaking of off topic)

And speaking of conspiracies, lets see, we now have added The LA PRESS association, and The Advocate, 2 well respected entities, into this broad conspiracy in Central because the truth keeps coming out and affecting the credibility of the people who deny the truth. Wasnt it you was talking about the MAGIC bullet ? Whos grasping at straws now ? BTW, can anybody find this ” PRESS RELEASE” in USA today because none of us have been able to find it nor was it released to them.

May 6, 2011 at 7:52 am

You may disagree with my stance on a number of things, but you know I don’t print anything without the ability to support it. Here is an interesting question: If the press release did not contain unsupportable claims, would you and your group even be concerned about who reprinted the release? In the interests of publicity and “transparency”, wouldn’t it be desireable that the press release would appear beneath the USA Today banner and above the Associated press copyright 2011 notification?

28. Bobbie Bauer

May 6, 2011 at 7:27 am

You’ll are ridiculous with your jealous tirades. Mr. Jenkins is an honorable man and well deserving of the Freedom of Information award. We are so lucky to have him here to print the truth in his NEWSPAPER—the first NEWSPAPER in Central and the only unbiased one. Congratulations Woody!! By the way, am I the only one on here old enough to remember when Frito-Lay got in big trouble for using a jingle called “I am the Frito Bandito” because of it’s racial undertones?? They learned fast and it quickly disappeared. You may want to learn from them!!

May 6, 2011 at 8:08 am

Ms. Bobbie,
      Yes I remember the Frito jingle. Quite catchy from a kid’s point of view and I do recall it disappearing suddenly. Just FYI, there was at least one newspaper in “Central” prior to 2005. I subscribed to at least one, may have been two but I don’t recall specifically. We did not have the consolidated base of city and schools to focus the news, so I recall it being somewhat disjointed, but it was here.

May 6, 2011 at 8:33 am

Dave I havent said you dont print the truth. My suggestion has been to print all of it so I and the rest of your readers can get more information. I understand if you are trying to keep your format a certain way and that makes it impossible, if thats what it is. Your paper, and I will still read. Lots of informative stuff such as meetings, agendas, etc.

I’m not concerned about the claims being unsupportable. I would think the LA PRESS would make sure they are not opening themselves up for libel before printing anything. After all, we are not talking about a bunch of inexperienced people.

As far as racial overtones, how about the uproar over using GERONIMO as the code name for Bin Laden and all the hoopla that has generated ? At what point does this become a freedom of speech issue vs somebody getting their feelings hurt ? Which is more precious, the second amendment or somebody’s feelings ? A business I can understand having to worry about it since they are selling a product. As a newspaper, citizen, whatever, that is a right that we dare not dismiss so quickly.

May 6, 2011 at 9:12 am

There will always be more to any story. Then, once you start chasing the “back story” there will always be at least two “sides” to the “back story”. It is a never-ending chase that usually ends up in a difference of opinion. I can print what the Mayor says or what a Council Member does, but once I start asking “why”, it is all a matter of perspective. Sometimes the “why” is supportable, sometimes it is rhetoric. One big problem I have now is that elected officials are choosing not to comment on issues, making it impossible to even tell their side of the story.

30. Kim Fralick

May 6, 2011 at 9:09 am

WOW! Really, Am I reading a blog from Central Middle School?

Pablo, whoever you are, if you really care anything about Central, use your real name instead of some made up name, that in my opinion is a racial slur in itself. I checked, there is no Pablo Bandito in Central…
    Ted, whoever you are, you seem to have some obsession with trying to stir up trouble. Anyone who would use precious time to go back and re read previous posts to try to prove a point is more concerned with trying to stir up mess than get to the truth.

AJ Michelle, very sad that you are forced to judge Central on these soap opera discussions. The “regular” citizens of Central enjoy the community. I love my church, the schools and CAYL baseball. Politics is the same in any level of government. Anyone who has convinced themselves that there is a perfectly honest politician is deceived. A good read of Romans chapter 3 in the Bible will dispel that quickly.

Dave, I disagree with you on a lot of things. I do think you slant your articles towards what you believe is right and wrong. You are human and I would submit it is impossible for anyone to really be non biased. I think you get too defensive when challenged. If you are comfortable with what you print, stand by it and make no defense for it. If it is truth, it will stand on its own. That being said, I do respect your self-control in the face of opposition.
    P.S. The tabloid thing, don’t try to cover that up. Just say that you think CCN is a tabloid, like the ones on the shelf at Winn Dixie. It is your paper and your opinion. Stand by it and don’t try to make it sound like you meant something else. Geez, we got enough of that already.

Mike, I probably agree more with you than anyone else who posts on this page or the other face book pages. In a way I wish I had more knowledge of the ins and outs, but in another way I am glad I remain ignorant on a few. I think on this particular posting you let certain individuals get you too rattled.
    I think we all know Pablo is not really Pablo, but you should not have said what you did because of the potential offense to some. Anyway, stand strong for what you believe to be truth. Truth is truth and it will always prevail, eventually.

May 6, 2011 at 9:46 am

Kim,
      Excellent post. Staying on topic, stating your beliefs and not getting personal. Thanks.
      I am on record as stating that EVERYONE, including me, is biased. To deny that is simply self-deception. However, I believe that a newspaper should avoid INTENTIONAL bias.
      As to my defensiveness, I made up my mind not to go to my detractors and argue with them, but I will steadfastly defend my positions here on CentralSpeaks.com. I can’t control what peolpe think, but I can be sure they read what I believe to be the truth, and that includes challenging things that I believe to be misinformation. But, please note that I do not let it get personal.

As to “Tabloid”, I will have to offer this:
      “It’s dificult to fit everything a community of 30,000 people wants and needs to know into 16 tabloid pages a week.” – Central City News, November 11, 2010, Page 2.
      It seems that their editor and I do agree on something. – That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. (wink wink nudge nudge).

31. Because I Care

May 6, 2011 at 9:18 am

Kim made a lot of really good points above!

32. Ted

May 6, 2011 at 9:24 am

Kim are you saying my behavior has been similar to NCCC’s facebook page. I’m okay with that because I’m not stirring trouble, I’m calling out all the BS you, Donna, Bobbie, Belinda and Mike are stirring up. Provide some fact’s when addressing you problem’s. Take Mike’s advice, if you don’t like it, don’t read it.

33. Miek Mannino

May 6, 2011 at 9:55 am

Mistake. I was having a conversation about gun control before I posted and quoted teh 2nd ammendment instead of first

34. Mike mannino

May 6, 2011 at 10:14 am

Ted,
    I never saw any of the posts that got you banned from NCCC but now I understand why. Kim is as sweet, nice, and christian lady you ever want to meet. Yet you choose to talk to her in that manner without even knowing her. Pick on me, at least you may have a reason , not a bunch of ladies. They dont deserve it just because you dont agree with them.

35. Mike mannino

May 6, 2011 at 10:17 am

Kim,
    Point taken. You are right, I should not have lost me cool with obvious immaginary people.

36. Another Central resident

May 6, 2011 at 10:36 am

I wish re-elections would hurry up so I can vote to clean house of our administration and councilmen again. Time to get the good ole boys out. Take back control of Central and make it to where the “Kingfish” and his buddies have little input.

Why do people not question why some of the most influential people in Central think this city is good enough to reside and serve (elected officials and volunteers) but not good enough to locate their business.

37. We are Called to be Salt and Light

May 6, 2011 at 10:52 am

I have a question. I have been trying to research this matter of the press release you quoted from above being published in USA Today. I have also talked with others doing the same thing. We are not able to locate this press release published in USA Today. Could you please refer us to a link in order to establish if your statement was actually correct or not.I’m not trying to be disrespectful here. I just honestly don’t understand why we are not able to locate the press release you quoted from above as being published in USA Today.
    Thanks.

May 6, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Salt & Light,
      I try not to print anything without the ability to back it up, and this is no exception. The press release is reprinted on the internet in several places under the banner of USA Today with links to go see “The most popular stories from USA Today”, and the press release is printed over the Copyright disclaimer of the Associated Press. I have the links and the saved screenshots. In addition, the press release is available on the Louisiana Press Association’s website as well as on the CCN website. I believe that is all sufficient evidence that the misinformation about the City and about CentralSpeaks.com is out there for the world to see. Since my detractors claim, according to their own post, that their beef with CentralSpeaks.com is “…being handled another way.”, which sounds alot like some sort of planned action to my detriment, I am disinclined to assist them in doing their research, even though it will not help them. I will hold on to my sources and backup for the time being.

Here are some interesting questions: If everything in the press release is true and verifiable, why would anyone care where it is posted? If it were true, wouldn’t my detractors and those who are trying to find fault with the City want this press release available nationally? If so, it really doesn’t matter who made it available on the web for all to see or in how many places it is posted. Hope you understand.

I don’t know the disclaimers used by either the AP or USA Today, but it is probably not the ultimate responsibility of either of those organizations to verify a “press release”, which I believe should be presumed to be accurate. In fact, it would probably be downright impossible for national organizations to do such local research. I believe the writer of the press release, or those he/she relied upon for the information, has the ultimate responsibility to print the truth, and people do make mistakes.

38. Ted

May 6, 2011 at 11:53 am

Mike are you mentally ill? I don’t know Kim either but she accused me of stirring up trouble. All I do is question comments that are hypocritical and you seem to post the most on this site. Yes Mike if anyone would know that I was banned from NCCC it would be you since you are working directly with NCCC. And now you have admin privileges on NCCC too try to create deception. You continue to talk about people posting that are not real but yet you post and support a site that has an admin trying to stay anonymous. I guarantee that if Dave or someone on CSYM would have made a comment like you did too pablo, you guys would be crying foul. Same thing if Mayor Watts would have done what Lobue did with handing out illegal documents. As long as you continue your rhetoric, I will continue to challenge it. As I told you before, if you think I am not real I would be glad to show you my face to you anytime you would like. I’m retired so I have plenty of free time. Clearly you want to make this personal and I’m good with that.
    And to Kim while you are quoting the bible why don’t you go to NCCC to tell Mike and Donna to stop allowing cursing on their site. I believe at one time that was a site rule and it also violate’s FaceBook’s rules. I have never cursed or threatened anyone. Mike just has a problem with me because his CyberBullying does not work with me.

39. Ted

May 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Bobbie, if I remember correctly you were threatening to release personal information about a person who posted a comment with racial overtones a week or so ago on NCCC. So why would you not STAND UP for your principle’s now that Mike has done the exact same thing?

40. Kim Fralick

May 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Ted, for the record…
    1. I said nothing of you being like NCCC, your words
    2. I do not personally know Donna, Belinda or Bobbie (although she brought a shovel/rake/gloves) to my clinic to help with mission trip), thanks Mrs. Bobbie
    3. I know Mike from the health club, although not real personally. I just happen to read all the posts and from what I know agree with him, mostly.
    4. I do not need any other facts than what I read here. What I gave you was an opinion, based on what you posted. A tree is known by its fruit.
    5. I do realize I can read or not read any of this as you can choose to with my response as well. 
    6. I don’t know who Donna is to tell her anything personally. I assume from “Rumor” that she is the site administrator. I have, however, commented on that site and CSYM in a similar fashion as on here. My opinion may offend and so may the Bible. You can take my opinion and flush it. Be careful you do not do the same with God’s…

Thank you Dave for your response. While I don’t know you, I have a great respect of some who work with/for you. They are my friends! 

Mike, thanks for your defense of me and your humility at my post.

41. Ted

May 6, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Kim you posted: Proverbs 9:8 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you.

Well Kim all I can say is, I love you. Love you too Mike.

All their has to be is a little bait, line and a hook. This time is used a shad-rig, and I caught Mike and Kim. LOL

I really Love You Guys, LOL

May 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Love you too Ted because Jesus tells me to ! And I mean it.

43. Ted

May 6, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Mike I guess it start’s by someone throwing in the towel because, for me, this conversation has become unhealthy. I am done posting on here and on facebook and let me tell you why. I just read a post on CSYM to you from Freddie Gardener. He is apparently pissed because of the war of words concerning his family, which I totally understand. I personally have never cursed or threatened anyone but I have seen at least one other person post telling NCCC to watch the family talk or else and it was a different family. So what that tells me is that this is getting way out of hand and someone is going to either get in trouble or get hurt. Good luck to everyone but I’m done.

44. Denise Giles

May 6, 2011 at 2:22 pm

This is off track but awhile back I remember Dr. Fralick said she didn’t give much credit to anonymous posters (or similar words), you agreed and asked for posters to use their real names. Can you ask for that again and go as far as not allowing anonymous posters? I believe that would take some of the hostility off of here. There are other sites that have plenty of that but I believe you want this to be a honorable site where Central Citizens can post their opinions without having to deal with faceless/nameless attackers. Transparency is a big catch word these days, shouldn’t it be the same when commenting on our City of Central, officials, and issues affecting us?

45. Kim Fralick

May 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Okay “Men” crack me up. All is good. I will “man” up also. Love you guys too! Soap Opera or not, Central is a great place to live, work and play…

May 6, 2011 at 3:08 pm

NOTICE: If you choose to post without using your real name, you are not allowed to comment “about” anyone, even public figures. You may speak about public policy, political theory, social concerns or the price of gas. You may speak about the reasons you disagree with someone else’s theories, but you may not comment “about” the person, even if they are an elected official. You can say that you disagree with a Council Member’s stance on an ordinance and then explain why and explain your stance, but you may not say it is because he is unqualified for his position. I believe this will make these comment sessions healthier and help keep us focused on the issues. Even if you use your real name, you may not make this comment session into a platform for individual arguments. You all have email addresses and facebook. Please go settle your differences in private.

I will exercise the right to enforce these rules without much explanation. I will delete what needs deleting and replace it with a comment like “Use your name if you want to talk about that” or “please settle your personal differences privately.” If I fail to enforce this policy, email or text me and hold me accountable. If you have a better idea of how to focus the conversation, let me know.

Thanks,
      Dave@CentralSpeaks.com
      413-1616

46. Pablo Bandito

May 6, 2011 at 4:07 pm

How about an etiquette policy that would limit people from posting senseless racial insults?

Just a suggestion.

May 6, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Pablo, I will be much more aggressive in my policing of the site. You actually fall in the category of “anonymous” unless you contact me at dave@centralspeaks.com and give me some evidence that your screen name is your real name. (Just got finished publishing a phone book and have not met the Bandito family.) You are welcome to make philosophical commentary, but please keep it there.

May 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm

THANK YOU DAVE AND DENISE !! And thanks for the heads up Ted. Sorry to see you go, I think we were finally getting to a point where we could talk.

48. We are Called to be Salt and Light

May 6, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Dave, Thanks for the information posted above in response to my question. You made some good points there.

May 6, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Ted you dont have to respond but I was doing some research on 501C3’s in connection with this non profit that bid on the contract. Interesting data. One article states that these non profits are one of the biggest tax scams going. Less than 6% of the money they collect goes to the cause they represent with the bulk going to inflated salaries, and other inflated expenses. Now I dont know how that applies to this company, as long as we get the service we expect for the price they bid but its certainly something to look into. Makes public records disclosure a big deal in their case.

50. Bobbie Bauer

May 8, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Ted, you are definately NOT right, I never threatened anyone with releasing personal information because I never found out who said “I hate Honkeys”. Since I didn’t know who it was I certainly had no personal information about them to reveal. I do find racial remarks disgusting, but I NEVER made any threats. I know you don’t like me, but that doesn’t concern me, I can live with that, but I will tell you one more time, I had nothing to do with you being banned from NCCC and in fact put a post on there asking Non to lift the ban. Actually, I am generally thought by most people to be a very nice person.I would appreciate you not mentioning my name again, because you don’t know what you are talking about. Thanks…………

51. Bobbie Bauer

May 8, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Ted, You do not remember correctly, because I never threatened to release personal information about anyone. I never found out who made the comment “I hate Honkies”, so I certainly had no personal information about them. I find racial remarks disgusting and that is the only reason I was trying to find the person who did this. Not only did they make a racial remark, they were cowardly enough to use some innocent guys name and photo…disgusting……but there were absolutely no threatening remarks made by me. I guess your memory is slipping. Sorry, I’m innocent again……..peace……………

52. Bobbie Bauer

May 10, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Pablo Bandito, does it surprise you that some people consider your pseudonym to be a racial slur. I posted on here one time that Frito-Lay got in trouble several years ago for their jingle”I am a Frito Bandito.’ They were informed that many Mexicans considered it not only a racial slur, but also a hate crime. It very quickly disappeared from their advertisments and has never reappeared. My former post seems to have vanished so I thought I would post it again in case you wanted to rethink your fake name. You never know when Big Brother is watching.

May 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Bobbie,Your original post on the subject has not been removed. There are more than 50 posts under this article so the older ones are accessed by clicking on “Older Posts” below the most recent post.

53. Bobbie Bauer

May 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Pablo Bandito, I consider your fake name to be a racial slur so why are you complaining about racial remarks??????????????????

54. Ted

May 10, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Since I said I was going to stop posting, I see people can not stop using my name. I have nothing to say to anyone that continue’s to post on NCCC because yall are all crazy. A perfect example is how certain people that post on NCCC continue to post how that can’t believe Dave allow’s people on his site to post anonymously or use a fake name. News flash people, fake name and or anonymous is the same thing, so why do you continue to post and support NCCC. You people seriously are messed up. Bobbie I can’t even stomach reading your continued post. And you say my mind is slipping, really? You come back on here and once again feel the need to call on Pablo and repost the exact, so called, racial statment that offended you(Honkies). That is why I’m trying to just walk away but yall’s ignorance compells me to respond. So you keep fighting the fight because you really don’t realize how crazy you guys sound.

May 10, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Boy oh boy Ted. You must be in a different universe calling other people crazy. I think your picture is under the definition.

56. Ted

May 10, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Mike I am in the universe where I call it like I see it. Just like I thought thing’s were getting to much out of hand, so went away but you and other’s on NCCC want to continue posting about me they OK, here I am. I will continue too question your continued hypocritic post. As will other’s in my world. You are really a funny guy.

May 11, 2011 at 7:28 am

Ted its one thing to have an opinion. We all do and have every right to voice it. Its quite another to be as rude as you and to lauch personal attacks like you do. I welcome discussion, I have little tolerance for the nastiness.

58. Ted

May 11, 2011 at 8:05 am

LOL See here you go again. Please Mike name one personal attack I have made? Remember when I said I was going to stop posting I think you said you believed we were just getting to where we could speak to each other. Well what happened? Let me explain something to you Mike, Central does have alot of people who do not like you or NCCC just because of the website alone. Not because they know you personally, maybe they would think otherwise. When you have a problem with someone and attack them you call it a debate but when someone that continue’s to question your judgement you call it an attack. I stopped posting an after you posted once and Bobby posted three times towards me well I felt like I should respond. Then you made a post that was directed at me on another site.

59. Bobbie Bauer

May 11, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Ted, the difference between a fake name and Non’s pseudonym is that everyone knows that Non’s is a fake name and is not led to believe they are talking to someone they are not. When I went on NCCC I knew that I was communicating with an unknown entity and I spoke to him as such. I don’t know who Non is, I don’t care who Non is. Now if he ever said anything ugly to me or about me then that would be a different matter. I really don’t understand why you dislike me so, and I don’t know why you can’t understand why I don’t tolerate racism in any form well. But that is just one of the many mysteries of life I will have to live without knowing. Have a nice evening….peace……

60. Ted

May 11, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Bobbie I have nothing against you at all. My viewpoint may not be in line with your viewpoint and it is ok. I am perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree because I’m extremely tired of the back and forth. I wish you well, even though I may not agree. If I see my name mentioned or is I disagree with a viewpoint, I’m going to speak up just like you. So it is ok

61. לגלוש סביב החבר 'ה האלה

August 15, 2014 at 12:34 pm

What’s up Dear, are you really visiting this web site daily, if so then you
    will without doubt get nice experience.

Feel free to visit my web blog; לגלוש סביב החבר ‘ה האלה

62. This article provides clear idea designed for the new people of
    blogging, that truly how to do blogging.

Here is my web-site שיווק באינטרנט על כוס קפה

63. http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=pEhttRvNCj8

September 14, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
    Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say superb blog!

My webpage … http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=pEhttRvNCj8

64. מוניטין ניהול

September 14, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative.
    I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if
    you continue this in future. Many people will be
    benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Also visit my web site … מוניטין ניהול

65. אתה יכול לבדוק כאן

September 15, 2014 at 9:02 am

Hello there I am so grateful I found your weblog, I really found
    you by error, while I was browsing on Bing for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a incredible
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have
    time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

My blog post – אתה יכול לבדוק כאן

66. social media Hoddesdon

September 23, 2014 at 11:17 am

This post presents clear idea in supportt of the new users
    of blogging, that trhly how tto do running a blog.

Here is mmy website; social media Hoddesdon

67. angular cheilitis kombucha

December 30, 2014 at 7:10 pm

The disease usually starts as an inflammatory sore on the corners of the mouth.

Perleche can be generally known as angular cheilitis kombucha Cheilitis, Cheilosis,
    and Stomatitis. In circumstances in which there is
    not too a lot of a difficulty, there might just be some redness and a tiny inflammation that will
    seem.