Sports

More Coaching Changes for Central

Submitted by Coach Fresina

Cade Worsham has left Central High to become the Defensive Back Coach at Zachary High School and Matthew Edwards has left Central Middle School to become the Head Football Coach at False River Academy in New Roads.  Matthew served as a Football Assistant at the High School and was in charge of the Basketball Program at CMS.

1. Another Central resident

July 7, 2011 at 8:28 am

What is going on with Central athletics? How much is the athletics director being paid because we are obviously wasting our money on that person? Yet he gets to profit off the backs of the athletes from 2008 & 2009 football season and steps down because the 2010 team was not as talented. That is the typical MO of him. Go ask any parent at Catholic High or the other schools he has been at.

July 7, 2011 at 9:19 am

I don’t know those 2 coaches, but it does appear that they both left Central for higher ranking positions elsewhere. That seems complimentary of Central’s program, or at least it looks that way. I do know there are many coaches who would love one of the head coaching positions at CHS. Just food for thought.

2. Another Central resident

July 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

I understand but the more I talk to parents who have kids in varsity, junior varsity and freshmen teams the repeated response is how the school board does not seem to support Central Athletics. The only time they hear from them is during election time. That could be a reason why we are starting to lose some coaches.

I understand when a coach leaves to go back to their old school but for a coach to leave the Central area to coach at False River. Central Private used to play False River back in the day and except for a couple years CP handled FR easily. FR really hasn’t done anything in the last 19 years in LHSAA. I don’t see FR as a step up. I see it as a step backwards.

You would think if he is a decent enough coach that Central would have found a way to bring him on the High School staff.

July 7, 2011 at 11:53 am

You know more about the schools than I do, I was just considering it was a head coach position. You make good points.
      I would think that there would be a “policy”, albeit unwritten, as to what accommodations the school administration will make for athletics. I would not be in favor of any concessions that weaken academics, but I hope the administration “plays ball” with athletics. It is an important aspect of the school experience for many students.

3. Savannah Wingo

July 7, 2011 at 12:33 pm

With the exit of Central coaches, if you’re looking at the AD then you’re definitely off the mark.

By the way, that guy left Catholic to finish his degree and go into Varsity coaching. He was their Freshman guy.

4. Mike Gardner

July 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Again another central resident you are mIS informed. Matt left for a head coaching job at a contender. They made the playlets last year and got beat in first round just like we at central did. So some people aspire to be head coaches he got his shot and took it. So has nothing to do with the AD so get off his back. How Manu games have you gone to? Who are you someone that screams but don’t want to be seen.

5. Another Central resident

July 7, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Now you are MISINFORMED. FR will never ever be a contender in football at the LHSAA level. They were hardly a contender back in the LISA days except for a few year.

My family has been to every game (varisty) except 1 in the last 3 years plus Freshmen and JV. I knew my post would draw you out to protect your brethern. Central AD is nothing but a talent seaking hound. I know you will never believe it but every person I have spoken to where he used to coach loves him as a coach but they always follow it up with “Once the talent goes down he bolts”. Follow the trail. Once the Briscoe boys where gone everyone said he would leave. Sure enough he stepped down as HC to become AD because the talent wasn’t the same last year. Central was longing for success for so long that they were willing to keep him as AD. I wouldn’t be surprised after this year he somehow becomes the head coach again when the 9th grade talent from last year start to make their way up to Junior and Seniors. Then Central should be able to do backward somersaults and behind the back passes again. Great sportsmanship there. Isn’t this the same coach who preaches every year to parents about sportsmanship and not to speak of ill about the coaches. Sometimes it would be good to practice what you preach.

July 7, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Another Central Resident,
      Gotta play by the rules. If you want to comment on other people, use your real name.
      Sorry to any offended that I did not see these posts for a couple of hours. I removed the comments from the point that the comments got out of hand.

6. Savannah Wingo

July 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm

You might want to reread your post and then go to personally apologize to Coach Dotson and the wonderful boys who played on the 2010 Wildcat team. You said you went to the games. Did you fail to notice that they WERE talented?

7. Mike Gardner

July 7, 2011 at 8:40 pm

First of all you can say u were at the games but can’t prove it because you still hide behind that name. Heres a history on the guy you days bolts when talent drops
    Head Freshman Coach Catholic high he left there to become the head coach at his home school. A school that was horrible in football. Three state championship appearances later and two state championships he did leave, if you say he left because he saw talent dropping then how did they win another state championship two years after he left. If your so informed you should know he left redempt for holy savior Menard in Alexandrea. He left because there was an autistic school up there he could put his two boys in. Upon arriving there the autistic school closed and he had to send his kids back here to baton rouge. So he didn’t want to stay there without his family so he cane back as an assistant at Central for one year. The following year Jesuit offered him and he took the job. With his family in Baton Rouge he wanted to get back to baton rouge so then he cane to Central. Also he became AD before he stepped down as head coach. If you don’t like the back flips, behind back passes, hitting kickers than save your money and don’t come to games. But if you do come walk out to the field and introduce yourself so I will know who the person hiding behind the name another central res. By the way False River is in the LHSAA. But if you went to CP you prob don’t kniw much about real high school football

8. Another Central Residnet

July 8, 2011 at 6:48 am

I didn’t use any names so what was wrong with my post. I guess the truth must hurt.

July 8, 2011 at 6:54 am

Another, that is weak. When you name the organization and job title in a small town you HAVE effectively used a name, which is fine if you are willing to back up your comments about them by owning your comments and using your name as well. If you would like to discuss my policy on this, please contact me.
      Dave Freneaux
      262-3730
      Dave@Centralspeaks.com

9. Another Central resident

July 8, 2011 at 10:50 am

Come on Dave. Central is not that small of a town. We are now the 16 or 17 largest city in Louisiana. 🙂

July 8, 2011 at 10:54 am

12th, but a small town anyway.

10. Alton R Ashford

July 8, 2011 at 6:07 pm

A.C.R., step out of the darkness and into the light! Reminds me of one other ACR that hates the light, A Cock Roach.

11. Another Central Residnet

July 8, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Official we are 17th per the numbers I found per the 2010 census. Yes if you include the other 3,000 that is not official we would move up to 13 or 14. I can email that too you.

July 8, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Another Central Resident,
      Good point, so Central is more of a small town than even I had felt.

12. Another Central Residnet

July 9, 2011 at 11:36 am

Did Central ever decide to protest the official 2010 numbers.

July 9, 2011 at 11:58 am

I believe it was looked into and the cost outweighed the potential benefit. I have not researeched this, but I believe it really only has a material affect on Federal dollars, and we get none.

13. Alton R Ashford

July 9, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Dave I emailed you yesterday about removing my cock roach post since you saw fit to remove ACR’s venom spewing posts. However I don’t think it is proper to leave my comments posted without his/hers. It became a problem for ACR to respond in a personal way to me because he/she uses an alias, which is forbidden on this site. Feel free to leave it up as long as you also leave these comments. I’ll attempt to control my emotions in future posts.

July 9, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Your comment was “unapproved” at the same time I removed the other comment. You may be able to still see your comment, but I beieve if you look closely it is in “Pending Approval” status, which means only you and I can see it. Hope that helps. I would never intentionally make anyone look mean-spirited or lost.

14. Alton R Ashford

July 9, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Thanks Dave. So what me and you are seeing is not what everyone else is seeing. LOL. Your right it does say (your post is awaiting moderation). Thanks, I don’t need any help looking lost.
    Ray

15. curious

July 15, 2011 at 5:09 am

I heard the school board accepted the resignations of the three CHS coaches on 7/11, but didn’t hear the superintendent make a recommendation for the hiring of a new CHS head baseball coach. According to another local paper the Athletic Director stated that someone has been hired. Does the AD have the authority to hire coaches without the consent of the board, or was that already done by the board before the resignations were official? I can’t find the link to the school board meetings from 3/29-7/10 so I was not able to check before making the previous comment.

Another Central Resident – If you were able to find out the answer to your question in the first post, let us know where to find that information so that others who are interested can find out. I would think it would be public record (salaries, donations, fundraisers, etc), but I don’t see a seperate listing for athletics in the budget.

July 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm

We have had a technical problem with the School Board Videos for those months and are working to gather the original tapes to restore them. Hopefully we can, but the School Board office also has audio recordings of those meetings.

16. learn more

July 9, 2014 at 1:56 am

I am truly happy to read this weblog posts which includes lots of valuable data, thanks for providing such data.

17. http://bigboxnutcoupons.com

September 4, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Not that it mattered that much tome, but maybe you get experience anything
    comparable oneself. Clients are slowly becoming more acquainted with responding
    to limited requirements, as developers such as for instance ‘Xfactor’ today get nearly all ballots by text.

18. uae-market.com

September 19, 2014 at 10:38 pm

In the initial nights of home computers, the crucial files they saved were mostly limited by fiscal files and paperwork.

19. Neil

September 21, 2014 at 8:07 am

Search through just a few photographers’ sites, and not just do you want to arrived at phrases with all the range in grade, but additionally the expansion of photo
    styles.

20. community.bac-trans.eu

September 22, 2014 at 5:09 am

After spending a couple of months visiting family and friends
    I’d to go away and check out my obligation work in Fairbanks, AK.
    An inexpensive GSM phone can take place to be simple but the developments that it’s manufactured on transmission is
    likely to make individuals realize that Unlocked GSM cell are tools which can be
    not pure emblems of high-class.