Community

Coach Gardner at Home Recovering from Burns

By  | 

    Mike Gardner, the CHS Freshman Football Coach, received burns on 20% of his body, primarily on his arms and legs, Saturday morning at the High School.  Coach Gardner was half way through buffing the floors in the Freshman locker room when the buffer shot out sparks and ignited the buffing fluid.  The Coach explained that he fell to the ground as he was engulfed in the flames of the flash fire.  He is home recuperating from his injuries and returns to the doctor Thursday for further evaluation and treatment.  He hopes to know then what his recovery time will be and when he can return to coaching.  Coach Gardner made the ride to visit the team at Football Camp in Mississippi on Tuesday, but admitted that it was a tough ride with his injuries.  Coach Gardner shares that "I can't really walk much now or move much without pain.  Thanks go out to Central Fire Deptartment and Steven Johnson especially for helping me out and keeping me calm."  We all wish Coach Gardner a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him on the sidelines soon.

3 Comments

  1. Another Central resident

    August 4, 2011 at 9:32 am

    I want to be the first to say that I hope for a speed recovery for Coach Gardner.

  2. Ward

    August 4, 2011 at 10:32 am

    Get Well, Coach.

  3. Mike Mannino

    August 5, 2011 at 9:31 am

    Get well Mike !!! What a freak accident !!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *