Police/Fire

Nine Dragon Restaurant Heavily Damaged in Fire

Early Thursday morning the Central Fire Department responded to a fire at Nine Dragon Chinese Restaurant in the Oak Point shopping center at Sullivan and Greenwell Springs Roads.  The fire apparently was concentrated in the kitchen and was extinguished quickly by the Fire Department.  There is said to be only smoke and water damage in the dining room, but the kitchen sustained heavy fire damage.  The Fire Department investigated the drop ceiling cavity to ensure there was no spread to adjacent businesses.  St. Vincent DePaul, a charity thrift store next door to the restaurant may have received smoke damage as well.

Fire Department personnel on the scene commented that there appeared to be no one injured in the fire and there were no reported injuries to the Firefighters responding to the call.  Nine Dragon has been a fixture in Central since the 1990's and we all wish the owner, Simon, and his family the best as they deal with this setback.

1. Mary Simmons

September 22, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I am so sad. This is my favorite Chineese restaurant. The employees are so nice and the food was always wonderful, especially since they put in the Hibachi Grill. I hope they return soon, better than ever. We will be missing you!!!!

2. Simon dong

September 22, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Dave, thank u for ur support like always, and the people in central , they make me even stronger than ever,

3. Rachel

September 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Simon I think u have so much courage in this horrible time in your life

4. Jerry

September 22, 2011 at 9:47 pm

We are so SAD to hear the bad news. With all of the competitive businesses that have opened in Central, Nine Dragons has remained our favorite and we hope that you have a speedy recovery from this tragic happening…

5. Mia

September 22, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Simon- we are all here for you and your family. We will be waiting for Nine Dragon to once again be a fixture in Central! We are supporting you in this hard time.

September 22, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Simon please let us know if we can help with the cleanup in any way. Hopefully, you will re-open quickly !!

7. Karl Albritton

September 23, 2011 at 5:23 am

Sorry for your loss. It’s our loss too. Please rebuild. We will be there for you.

8. Jerri Duvernet

September 27, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Simon, I am so sorry to hear this. Michael and I are here for you, anything you need!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

9. Tod

September 28, 2011 at 11:43 am

Simon, when do you expect to have Nine Dragon up and running again? I usually eat there about once a week and everytime ask you what days you serve crab because I always forget 🙂 Please let us know, because Central Buffet kinda sucks.