Police/Fire

The Reasons the House Didn’t Burn Down

By  | 


Josie Reason (left), Caden Reason (right), and Trenton Reason (bottom)


 

Submitted by Rebecca Reason

Three young Central residents, Josie, Trenton & Caden Reason, were riding through Northwoods subdivision last Thursday looking at Halloween decotrations with their PaPaw, James Scott.  The kids spotted fire on the roof of a house on Downey and told PaPaw to go back.  Arriving at the house they found fire coming out of the ridge vent.  The Central Fire Department was called at 7:27 PM and the fire was contained with about $5,000 damage.  The fire started in wiring going to the heater.  An official at the Fire Department shared that if it had been reported 15 minutes later it would have likely been a major fire.  Everyone is thankful for the sharp eyes and quick thinking of Josie, Trenton, & Caden.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *