Police/Fire

Lightning Strike Causes House Fire

By  | 

 

Submitted by the Central Fire Department
 
   Bad weather started a fire in a large two story home in Central yesterday evening. The fire started by a lightning strike to the chimney.  Crews made a quick stop and were able to save the home.  The deputy chief lived in the same subdivision and was on the scene very quick. He was able to give incoming trucks information on where the fire was located.
    Baton Rouge Fire Department was the Rapid Intervention Crew.  The fire was in a home on Frontier Ln.  Though the house was occupied when the fire started, no one was injured.  The fire was under control 24 minutes after the call was made.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *