Police/Fire

Central Fire Department Responds to Joor Road Fire

By  | 

joor 16 3bFrom the Central Fire Department
    Last Thursday CFD received a Box Alarm at 1:58 pm for a house fire in the 13100 block of Joor Rd.  On arrival, CFD companies discovered a small fire burning on a kitchen counter.  This fire was quickly extinguished preventing serious fire damage to the residence. Unfortunately, the fire resulted in smoke damage throughout the home.  
    This fire reinforced two very important facts related to fire safety.  First and foremost is the fact that properly installed and maintained smoke alarms save lives and limit property damage.  In this situation the home owner was outside working in the yard and heard the activated smoke alarm. The home owner noticed the smoke then quickly notified the fire department.
    Secondly, CFD believes this fire started as a result of a small basked containing papers sitting on top of a computer charger cord, which was actively charging a lap top computer.  The basket on the cord prevented heat generated by the charging to dissipate from the cord.  CFD Captain Derek Glover stated it is of utmost importance for everyone to realize that no items should ever be placed on electrical cords, extension cords, charging cords, etc.
    There were no civilian or fire service injuries and District Six and Zachary Fire Departments responded on this alarm as well.

1 Comment

  1. Clara

    October 15, 2016 at 6:23 am

    Could you write about Phsiycs so I can pass Science class?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *