Police/Fire

House Fire on Dyer Road

By  | 

IMG_6537bFrom Central Fire Department

On January 18 at 10:25 a.m. the Central Fire Department was dispatched to 9400 Dyer road on a reported house fire. When crews arrived they found an abandoned house on fire with a tent next to it. A woman in a wheelchair and a man met them in the driveway and stated that they were living in the tent since the flood and went in the abandoned house to cook lunch on a portable propane grill, accidently setting the home on fire.  Crews attacked the fire and got it under control in 15 min. The Red Cross was called to help the family.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *