Police/Fire

CFD Responds to Another Fire, Warns of Cooking Fire Dangers

By  | 

Submitted by Central Fire Department

    For the second time on March 8, CFD was dispatched to a house fire.  The alarm was received at approximately 12:45 pm for the 12300 block of Devall Road and when fire companies arrived, significant smoke was coming from the attic of the home.  The home's occupant stated the fire originated from an out of control cooking fire and a neighbor stated he had used a garden hose to extinguish most of the fire. Crews entered the home and completed extinguishing areas that were smoldering.  There were no injuries and fire damage was limited to the kitchen with smoke damage throughout the home.  Great work by a caring neighbor slowed the spread of this fire.  CFD wishes to remind all citizens, out of control cooking fires are the number one cause of residential fires in the Central Fire District.   

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *